All the flavors of a cheesy jalapeño popper is so much better in pizza form, with added bacon of course!
Imagine a jalapeño popper in the form of a pizza.
Yes. It’s as epic as it sounds.
And better than a traditional jalapeño popper in my opinion.
All you need is some pizza dough (homemade or store-bought – no judgment with the store-bought route of course!), room temperature cream cheese, pepppers, cheese and bacon. DUH.
You can’t have a jalapeño popper anything without bacon.
You just can’t.
15 minutes30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 jalapeño chiles, sliced
- 1 Thai red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce can) refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, jalapeño, red chili pepper and shallot; set aside.
- Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with cornmeal, roll out the pizza into a 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the top, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with bacon, jalapeño mixture and cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Heather Christo